Friday, March 20, 2009

Grocery shopping finds



Isn't it pretty? It had orange-red spots and this gold fleck below its head...kind of like a gold leaf smudge.
Found this beetle as I was walking down the steps in front of "Happy Mart"...I handed my bags to someone and rummaged through my purse to find my camera...(the steps happen to be quite uneven and high...and I was wearing a shortish skirt, bending over and trying to get a good shot and not fall in the process...I can just imagine the people around me thinking "There's that weird farang again...with her little pink camera...hasn't she ever seen a bug before? Hrrmph..." :)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, let me just say that this is one of the most beautiful long-atennae beetles that I have ever seen. I'm glad that the locals had to duck, weave and bob around you (actually, I'm sorry I missed it!). Maybe you inspired one or more to admire the diverse insect world that surrounds them. Keep the bug photos coming. I will try to identify this one. Have you been able to identify it cousin? Henry

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

hehe...Hola primo! I only enjoy them, I don't identify them...I'll leave that to you, the true bugologist!