Friday, January 01, 2010

Los latinoamericanos AIUanos de paseo en Kanchanaburi

(en realidad, cronologicamente este post ocurrio antes que el anterior de Phuket, pero bueno, salio asi.... :) )
Tiger Temple, Kanchanaburi




Walking with the tigers...you're instructed on where to pet it, where to stand, what to do and what not to do...


 Photo session with the tigers (my memory stick ran out, so I only got two or three in...good enough)
 




Lindo gatito...(via la camara de John. Gracias!)

Bridge over the River Kwai

Train going through.
 

 

 
 Tow, tow, tow your...restaurant! Floating restaurants on the Kwai river.
 
 Las chicas

Elephant Village
 
 My elephant is the 2nd one, struggling through the water.
 

 
 Traveling in style...(it was extremely hot...pulled out my umbrella, just like any other Asian girl would!)
 
 Sacando cuentas...jeje
 
El grupete latino, de izq. a der.: Sendy Monarrez (Mexico), Yaniris Cordova (Mexico), Paola Bueno (Colombia), John Bueno(Colombia), Rosi Ortiz (Mexico), Daniel Bernhardt (Argentina), Marlise Bernhardt (Argentina), Erika Ixtepan (Mexico), yo.

2 comments:

Ani said...

Oh Doris! I miss you! And the trip to Kanchanaburi where I got my own photo petting a tiger while Wilma clicked the picture. And of course, that magical ride on top of the elephant. We went on that ride together, remember? And funny coincidence, I was just looking through some old photos from Thailand an hour or two ago and looked at that same photo you've got up in your blog right now, of the white Buddha statue on top of the hill near the school. I must have taken mine some five years ago. Then one search after another online from Burmese khawsuey (which I miss a lot, Ankush's mom made the best and I'm trying to recreate it here in the U.S.) to Cambodian food to Thailand and then Doris... got me here. Lovely route that was. The word verification here is "Togger" :) That was such an awesome photo of you walking alongside the tiger!!

Happy New Year my dear Argentian chica!!
Love,
Ani

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

Hey chica Gjika!
So great to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by! Glad to see you still have some happy memories of this place :) Hope you have an awesome new year ahead!!